Families are welcome at all Chichester Self Catering properties. We have aimed to make the houses as child-friendly as we can (along with your fur-babies too!).
Our properties are all close to playgrounds and have large gardens with extra touches for children and there are games boxes / box of cards etc. We even have an “I’m bored” jar with ideas of things to do for all ages!
We can accept pets as long as they are well behaved and supervised and are not allowed upstairs at Living Elements. Only one small dog with well clipped claws is permitted at Nature’s Elements, by agreement. All houses have travel cots and high chairs for your convenience, please bring your own bedding for the cots..
There are miles of local beaches – both sandy and shingly with superb water quality for bathing and watersports.
- Chichester and the local area have many activities for families and children to enjoy – castles, museums, galleries both inside for wet days and outside. There are bird and reptile centres, sailing centres and waterskiing, birdwatching opportunities.
- For those who want some fairs – Bunn Leisure in Selsey has a fairground most of the year, there are slot machines etc too, all next to a shingly beach plus a huge pool complex & gym. Many of the villages and schools have fairs during the summer too. Cinemas are in Chichester just 5 miles away and have special offers for kids on a Saturday morning and occasional screenings in Bracklesham Bay.
- But best of all is the Jacuzzi and suntrap patio at Living Elements itself! With supervision at all times this is a boon for all the family. The patio is spacious and has a large table and plenty of chairs and benches. There are even little chairs for the “little people”!
The NEW kitchen has plenty of work space, cupboards and is very well catered for with high quality crockery, cutlery and cooking implements and tools. Plus it has an electric hob and cooker, large fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, coffee / capuccino maker, hand blenders, etc Under-unit lighting for helping with food preparation.
Part of the welcome pack includes some essentials – tea & coffee, incl filter coffee! milk, plus – cling film, tinfoil, plastic food bags, waste bags, vinegar, oil, ketchup, salt & pepper, herbs, cleaning cloths and products, some washing powder and usually something seasonal – strawberries or doughnuts, hot cross buns…
The bedrooms: Principal Bedroom Light and airy with many hanging wardrobes and shelves for clothes etc. Also used as the store for the 2 travel cots and the stairgate when it is not in use. Bed side tables with pretty floral lamps each side. Kingsize comfortable bed. Mood, dimmable lighting
Second Bedroom: Super kingsize or twin bedroom. In a pale mauve colour with cupboards and shelves. Hanging space behind the door. Gets the evening sun and overlooks the hot tub patio.
Twin Bunk Room: As it says but has adult full-sized beds. Chest of drawers, chairs and storage unit. Hanging space behind door. Full Blackout curtain. Lovely pictures on the wall. Gets the early morning sunshine. Air cooler for warmer nights and blankets to get really cosy, although its not needed with the central heating!
The first floor has a well lit family bathroom with a full-sized bath and an over-shower at one end of the bath. Toilet and sink.
Ground floor partial disabled access Bedroom or 2nd Snug Lounge / Games Room. Low level Kingsize double sofabed. 3 chairs. Extra folding down table. Large pigeon=hole bookcase / storage for clothes and “bits”. Also has the library and tourist information. Relaxing mood lighting. Fabulous arch shaped mosaic mirror. Next to a small WC and washbasin and close to walkin shower / disabled access toilet with alarm. Also this snug room is next to the kitchen – so is perfect for grandparents perhaps who want more privacy from the rest of the family and maybe want a cup of tea in the night!
NEW Kingsize Sofa bed in the main lounge can also be used for occasional guests which brings the house total up to 10.
Luxury Hot Tub / Jacuzzi and Sauna Our newest additions to the house are wonderful for family groups but there are some rules to follow which we will go through with you when you arrive. Please bring your own towels for use with these luxuries or when you go to the beach. I also recommend dressing / drying gowns and slippers / clogs.
The rules for the spa include: NOT being used by those who have high blood pressure or heart illness, diabetes or a stroke history. Always check with your doctor first. Pregnant women should not spend any time in a sauna at any stage of their pregnancy. Do NOT stay in the sauna or hot tub for more than 15 minutes at a time and always exit if you feel faint or unwell IMMEDIATELY. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated! Use ONLY the plastic beakers around the hot tub in case of breakage into the water. Shower thoroughly before using either the hot tub or sauna. Constant supervision of ALL children or vulnerable persons is ESSENTIAL Allow yourself to cool down sufficiently before getting dressed. Guidance and Conditions for the Hot tub / jacuzzi
Other facilities include:
- Comprehensive house handbook with more details about local amenities, best restaurants etc as well as details about the house and garden. All large 14pt print.
- Plenty of car parking on tarmac for guests with paved wheelchair access to the house via small ramp.
- 2nd Snug Lounge / Games Room if not used as a downstairs bedroom.
- Oil-fuelled hot water and Central Heating – re-charge is not “instant” as with gas, so don’t all use the hot water at the same time if the house has many guests in it!
- Parking (for 4 cars at least) Parking for one caravan / trailer eg boat, by agreement and at extra cost
- DVD player, VCR recorder
- Travelcot x 2 – please bring your own linen for these.
- 2 Highchairs
- Large garden with terrace and furniture
- New beach garden and sand pit for smaller children
- Gas Barbecue
- Professional chef by arrangement with owner for special occasions when you don’t want the hassle and work of cooking. What holidays are really for!
- Pamper options at the clinic – massage, Osteopathy etc
Need more room for your family group? Why not book Nature’s Elements as well. It is opposite Living Elements.
Sleeping 4+2 with full easy wheelchair access throughout (small step for shower) and fully self-contained with its own garden and patio. You can now sleep up to 16 people and 2 cots!
- Tarmac parking for 2-3
- FULL wheelchair access
- underfloor heating throughout
- PV and Air source heating / power supplies
- FULL disabled toilet facilities (and an extra toilet)
- large kitchen / lounge / diner
- South-facing garden and patio with gas BBQ and picnic table
- Hot tub for 4-6 can be an add-on for Nature’s Elements.
- Beaches nearby
- Gas BBQ and patio furniture.
- 1 cot & highchair
- Flat screen TV & DVD
Duvets with linen and towels included. Bring your OWN TOWELS for Jacuzzi / Beach PLEASE
Extras and Add-ons to your stay – CLICK HERE
- Bosham is a famous and popular place to visit for families and sailors
- Shop & fuel 1 mile
- Best children’s playground for many miles around 3/4 mile away
- Bus stop right outside gate for trips to Witterings and Selsey.
- Main Selsey to Chichester buses every 15mins – an 8min walk / half mile away.
- Train Station to London 6 miles
- Non-smokers only. Or smoke outside.
- Friday to Friday booking except at Christmas & New Year and some special events – call to check.
Natural Health Clinic on site for Osteopathy, cranial Osteopathy by arrangement etc Gayle Palmer D.O. specialises in treatment during and after pregnancy and all ages of babies & children. To book in advance call 01243 641665.
Need even more accommodation? Palmer’s is in the village of Birdham.
A new, large family house which will sleep 11 + 2. It includes a single downstairs bedroom with adjacent large wheelchair accessible bathroom. Spacious, airy communal rooms with underfloor heating and a log burner. It is in a quiet cul-de-sac with ample parking. 6 bedrooms, 4 toilets and 3 bathrooms. Light and bright with good storage. Toys boxes and a separate playroom. Garden. Hot tub spa by arrangement – speak with Gayle.
- Convenience store half a mile down the road
- Park and children’s playground nearby
- Close to Chichester Harbour – walk, cycle or drive!
- Chichester Canal and Yacht Basin & Birdham Pool are an easy walk
- West Wittering Beach – 10 mins off peak for sandy beaches, wind and kite surfing. Dog friendly and wheelchair accessible with a pre-booked specially adapted chair.
- Buses every 15 minutes from nearby main road.
- NEW We can arrange for a hot tub to be here for your stay too! Speak with Gayle
- City, theatres, cinemas and shopping only 5 miles away
- Generous welcome pack
- Fully equipped family house – 2 ovens, 5-burner gas hob
Finally – we are here to help if you need us.
Got more questions? Call me…so much quicker than sending an email! 07769 746113
Have you seen we are on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and @chiselfcatering? Like and follow please – local events etc are posted regularly. 😉
Only guests named on the booking form are permitted to stay unless agreed with the owner – this includes extras staying in tents / caravans or on the floor in sleeping bags etc! This is a site safety issue in case of fire etc. If this is contravened we deem that you have broken your contract of hire with us, and you can be asked to leave IMMEDIATELY, with no recourse and with no repayment of any monies for whatever reason. Any extra guests are charged at £75 per person per night regardless of where they have slept and if they have used their own bedding or not.
Please keep the noise down after 11pm.
If any of your group become a nuisance during your stay, the owner has the right to evict you and your belongings, without notice. This may involve potentially calling the police in the process. There is no repayment of any monies already paid if this is the case. ALL damages also have to be paid for. Adherence to the terms and conditions or reasonable additional requests are requested at all times. Thank you.
Terms and Conditions: