Beautifully melding the old church with the new, stylish extension it makes it even more user-friendly – for gatherings, meetings etc. It also has a refectory – so is ideal for village gatherings.
Although you may not live in the Parish, with this fabulous new facility, including a quiet room for contemplation; small meeting room and a stunning vaulted large upstairs room the new extension is a design triumph!
It also has a large refectory to cater for the needs of the parishioners and the groups who may use the facility.
To celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the cessation of fighting in the 1st World War, on the 11th hour, on the 11th day, of the 11th month – the parishioners have been busy crocheting and knitting hundreds of glorious poppies. I was so impressed I wanted to show them off!
They have thought of everything too: –
- a lift to the first floor for wheelchair users
- Several toilets
- Underfloor heating
- A quiet room with views to the graveyard
- A light welcoming vestibule connecting the old and new with exposed stonework
- An activity room on the first floor
- A vaulted large meeting room
- Stunning stained glass window overlooking trees and neighbours
- Large refectory with more views of lawns etc
- Wheelchair and restricted mobility access throughout
St James’ is an especially friendly and vibrant Church of England community for the Parish. You will be very welcome to call in at any time.
Also – outside there is some parking and a delightful graveyard next to the Stirlands’ Cricket pitch. DO marvel at the ancient tree just outside the main porch – although in its very last years – the twisted trunk and branches are still beautiful to behold.
The postcode for the church is PO20 7HG
© Chichester Self Catering 2018. All Rights Reserved.